Monday, June 22, 2009

Best Father's Day card ever


It's from my amazingly awesome Sarah and Scott, of course, and a quick glance at these scans will prove my point.

This is the cover of the handmade-by-local-artisans (again, Scott and Sarah) masterpiece. I'm completely confident that the misspelling of "apocalypse" is an intentional in-joke related to the fact that the card involves brainless zombies. That clearly has to be the reason.

I also have to apologize to you now about the in-jokes I haven't explained (and might never explain). Those sorts of things happen, and there's simply nothing anyone can do about them.

I will say that Oscar and Tilly are the household froglets, and they are well and truly indestructible, particularly Oscar, who has survived five days in the house in an ice storm with no heat or food, as well as almost a week in the house in a hot September with no AC and no food. He is super-froglet; zombies fear him.






















You'll note that the list does not mention any people (other than me at position of honor 100). That's because, as the above two-page spread shows, the kids correctly assume I will save them, our family, and our extended family.

Finally, in true storyteller fashion, Sarah and Scott made the back cover add tension and pressure to the card's tale, with the always attractive Dr. Tongues on the way--and about him, we shall say no more.

Did I mention my kids were awesome?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Geez and all I got for Mother's Day were flowers from my children....I guess they thought tulips were more important than the event of Zombie attacks. Boy, do they need a good talking to! Thanks for the chuckle.

Mark said...

Planted, decomposing, headless (of course) zombies might help the tulips grow.

Kyle said...

This seems like as good a place as any to make you aware of Zombieland.

Mark said...

Awesome! Woody Harrelson vs. Jesse Eisenberg in a zombie-infested future, plus Abigail Breslin for cuteness! A sure winner!

Sarah said...

Every time I see Dr. Tongues I laugh. I can't help it.

Labels

Blog Archive