Saturday, June 27, 2009

One way I get in trouble

I don't do all these tasty but bad things on my own. Other people enable me.

Case in point: Jennie and ice cream. She, after all, found Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams via Dean & Deluca, and then three orders later, I'm fatter and hooked on this amazing stuff.

Was she content to stop there? No.

She told me about the Bon Appetit article on the top ten artisanal ice cream makers in the U.S. She even tore out the page so I could read it, which I did. Fortunately, I'm too busy to bother entering into my notes all the URLs.

Then, teh Internets joined the enabling party by showing me the article online. What could I do? I had to cut and paste the key bits into my notes, and now my new iPhone 3GS beckons me constantly with the data and the ability to order these amazing ice creams.

I know I have to take full responsibility for my own issues, ice cream and otherwise, and I do, but I also have help, I really do.

Speaking of help, we're running low on Jeni's. I wonder which one we should try next....

1 comment:

Mark said...

Ah, that's just mean.

Labels

Blog Archive