Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today's guest blogger: Sarah

Apparently it’s time for a Sarah guest blog. I am sitting in our living room right now for my mother’s birthday party (Happy Birthday, Mom!), and we’re talking about how some people love computers and some people love cutting down trees. I would say I’m the former. I got a new MacBook Pro for college and am really excited. It’s on the last red bar of battery now and there’s an hour and nineteen minutes left. What? How can that possibly be?

My iTunes remain on the old computer, so I don’t have all my music, but I’ll still make some recommendations:

Kate Voegele, “Wish You Were”

Badly Drawn Boy, “Time of Times”

Regina Spektor, “Dance Anthem of the 80s”

The Rosebuds, “Shake Our Tree”

Catch the Rabbit, “Senses”

Old Crow Medicine Show, “Wagon Wheel”

Angelique Kidjo, “N’Yin Wan Nou We”

Sorry for having no links to the Rosebuds or Angelique Kidjo songs! They’re worth listening to even if you have to go and pay $1.98 for them on iTunes. You can find “Shake Our Tree” by searching it on Project Playlist; “N’Yin Wan Nou We” is harder to find, but one of the most beautiful songs I’ve heard in a while.

This is a really nice summer. I might make strawberry pie tomorrow. Also tomorrow, my dad (the one you probably expected to be reading right now) has a signing at the Cary Barnes & Noble that you should go to, if you’re around! Other neat people will be there, too.

A side note: I heard “Mmbop” on the top 40 station today.

Another side note: I’m finishing this blog a couple hours later than I started it. My mom is now done opening gifts, and there is a gigantic blue beach tent sitting in our library. There have been multiple teams of people assigned to closing said beach tent. No success yet. Never a dull day.

Seriously though, go look at Dr. Tongues again. Then say it. Dr. Tongues. You’ll just laugh.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

So, Dr. Tongues... Is that a medical doctorate or a PhD? What's his specialty?

Mark said...

I think Sarah should take this question. Sarah?

Labels

Blog Archive