Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Overthrowing Heaven is in the house!

Well, it's in my house anyway, courtesy of the shipment straight from the printer of my author copies. Here it is, looking lovely on the Aeron chair:

The foil on the cover (silver on my name, gold on the title) is catching the light a bit oddly, but that's my fault, not the book's.

I think it's an attractive book, one that in three weeks, when it goes on sale, will, I hope, appeal to millions of browsers at Barnes and Nobles and Borders stores around the country, as well as to millions more shopping online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other booksellers--and of course to the millions of fine people supporting their local independent booksellers should want a copy as well.

Okay, okay: Millions might be pushing it. Might I perhaps just have one million sales? Think how happy that would make me. Think how happy it would make Publisher Toni. Don't you want to make us happy?

Hey, a guy has to dream.

With 409 pages of action-packed Jon & Lobo adventure, I think this is my best book yet. I hope to be able to say that about each novel I write, of course, but I really do believe it about this volume.

I hope those of you who read it feel the same way.

4 comments:

Lisa Shearin said...

I'll definitely be buying a copy at our book signing on June 23 -- signed & personalized, of course. ; )

Beautiful book, congratulations!

Lisa

Mark said...

Thanks very much!

Andrew said...

Looking forward to it.

Will it be in eBook format? Kindle.

Mark said...

You can already buy it in eBook format via the Baen Web site. Amazon won't be selling it directly for the Kindle, but the Baen site provides instructions on how to get their eBooks to the Kindle (or so I've been told).

I hope this helps!

Labels

Blog Archive