Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Trouble With Demons

is the title of the latest book from local author and friend, Lisa Shearin. It came out today, and though it's not available in all our local stores (as Lisa's blog mentions), you can get it on Amazon. I'm far enough behind on my reading that I haven't yet read her previous novels, but I plan to do so, and I have enough faith in her that I've already ordered the book. Check it out.

Lisa's doing something interesting on her popular blog: she's encouraging her fans to order their books this week in an attempt to make The New York Times bestseller list. I honestly have no clue if this strategy will work, and I don't think I have enough fans to try it on my own, nor am I sure I'd feel comfortable doing so, but I think it's an interesting attempt, and so I ordered my copy today. (Sorry, Lisa, but I went for only one.)

As I think I've mentioned previously, Lisa and I, as well as my close friend David Drake and new friend James Maxey, have a group signing on June 23rd at the Cary, NC Barnes & Noble. I'm not sure yet exactly what we'll be doing, but I am positive that it will reek of awesomeness--and, if enough folks show up, and if we can cover the kids' ears, maybe I'll tell you (my friends already know) what the cat did to me.

Yeah, it's that kind of story.

6 comments:

Lisa Shearin said...

Thank you, Mark!!

I definitely don't have enough fans yet to get to the NYT list, BUT I have a famous fan who does. Actress Felicia Day. I guest blogged about Felicia being my possible "NYT secret weapon" last night on my agent (Kristin Nelson's) blog Pub Rants: http://pubrants.blogspot.com/
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mark said...

I don't think I have any famous fans, except perhaps you and Dave and other friends.

Unknown said...

It's also available as an eBook over at fictionwise. I'm currently in the middle of Rachel Caine's "Ill Wind", but "Trouble" is next in the queue, sitting in my Palm awaiting my pleasure.

John Lambshead said...

Dear Mark,
Humph. You have at least one famous international scientist as a fan.
John

Mark said...

Good deal. Thanks for the tip, Ed.

Mark said...

My bad, John, and thank you.

Labels

Blog Archive