Friday, April 3, 2009

ANTM: Epic fail

Sarah, who was the female I did not name in my previous guilty pleasure post, had planned to write a guest blog entry on why America's Next Top Model (ANTM, pronounced "anty em") is in fact a better show than The Ultimate Fighter (TUF, prounced "tough"). I told her I would surrender this virtual stage to her for that purpose, wrongheaded as it was, though I would reserve the right to insert editorial comments; it is, after all, my blog.

Then she backed down.

She couldn't make herself do it.

The reason? Two little words: Clay Aiken. Yes, the Clayster is going to help with an acting-oriented episode of ANTM. Sarah told me--and, yes, she gave me permission to name her here.

Nothing I could have written could have made my case more persuasively than Clay's presence did.

ANTM loses. End of story.

2 comments:

John Lambshead said...

Dear Mark,
I am embarrassed to admit it but these reality competition programmes almost always originate from Britain.

Sorry.

John

Mark said...

Amazingly, this year's TUF is Brits vs. Yanks! How fitting.

Labels

Blog Archive