Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jericho is coming back and I'm still not writing CNM

as a comic, according to this short post, which Sarah nicely found and sent to me. I know this show was not to everyone's taste, but it really worked for me, and I'm glad I'll get to read more about it in the future.

A few folks have asked me why it's taking me longer than usual to plot Children No More. I don't have a simple answer, but I think the sources of the delay are three:

* I'm a bit afraid of the darkness and themes of this book, so I'm probably proceeding too cautiously.

* It's structurally more complex than the others, so I have to work more to be sure I have the pieces in the right places.

* I want a better answer for a certain part of the plot than I have. I have several solutions to the problem, but I want a better one. I will find it.

I will finish plotting, and I will finish this book, but I'm not done with the first yet. I'll make sure Toni has it in time for its June, 2010 appearance, however; I have no doubts on that front.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad to hear that Jericho will be around in some form. Yes, I was one of those people that signed the online petition and sent in peanuts to protest. Hey, it worked! At least, for awhile.

Mark said...

I discovered it too late to protest, but I'm glad there was a second season.

Labels

Blog Archive