Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And away she goes!

The FedEx office at RDU airport closes at 9:00 p.m. At 8:46 p.m.--plenty of slack--I handed the clerk there the FedEx padded mailer containing my corrections to the proof pages of Overthrowing Heaven. As usual, and with my email apologies to the typesetter already in the ether, I made a great many changes, all of which improve the book. After she makes them to the final file, I believe the book will head to the printer.

I am quite happy to be completely done with the writing side of this one.

I can now concentrate fully on Children No More, which, no, I'm still not ready to write, but which is shaping up, at least in my head and notes, to be a doozy. I always feel that my skill as a writer is inadequate to the task of transforming the visions in my head into words, but I'm going to do my best, as always. That's really all any of us can do.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive