Saturday, February 28, 2009

On the road again: Austin, day 5

My day began oddly but pleasantly: A former co-worker and still friend, Joe, proved to be staying in the same hotel. This happy coincidence granted us about twenty minutes to catch up. Joe's a great guy, one of the best salespeople I've ever known, and someone I wish still lived around here. I hope his day in Austin went well.

Much travel then occurred, all of it better than I had any right to expect but still not what one would call a good time. Travel rarely is these days.

One of tonight's activities was a bellydance performance that involved Jennie and many dancers from all over the state. The dances were generally fun, and I had a pleasant time watching them. I also learned from the organizers how to keep snack consumption relatively low: serve only healthy vegetables. People would walk up, stare at the veggies, lap the snack table a time or three, and warp off. This could prove to be an important budget tip in these tight times.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive