Monday, February 23, 2009

On the road again: Austin, day 1

Last night, sleep proved illusive, so I rolled out of bed this morning exhausted. I passed the plane flight to DFW largely in a stupor, working some but then just closing my eyes and wishing I could sleep. My second wind arrived in DFW, and I've been fine since then, but I'm definitely ready for a good night's sleep--and hope to have it here in my hotel room.

Tonight's dinner was at a frequent stop on these Austin trips, a place I've mentioned many times before: The County Line by the Lake. I enjoyed the 'que a great deal, as I always do, and I managed to talk myself into leaving before their wonderful cobbler could claim me. It was a close call.

I'm increasingly antsy about not being at the writing stage yet, but I'm not, and there's no point in starting until I understand the book better. I need more knowledge to write the book well, so more knowledge I will get.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive