Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On the road again: Austin, day 2

Good and interesting meetings today. I'm lucky to have great clients, great prospects, and tons of opportunities for our company to work in intriguing areas.

Dinner was a fine sushi meal at Uchi, followed by some ice cream at Amy's. I ate too much and didn't need that dessert, but boy, it was all yummy.

In a moment of blazing insight today, I realized that the companies that make pills and tooth-cleaning powder and other medicinal products were missing a great opportunity. Most of them use candy flavorings, but there's a minority of the American population whose members can't stand the smell or taste of candy. (Okay, maybe I'm the only one, but go with me on this.) So, those vendors should expand their product lines by making meat-flavored chewables. Why have a sickly sweet cherry Tum when you could chow down on a steak one? Forget mint! Barbecue will be the next great medicine flavoring.

You get the idea. It works for pets, and it could work for us.

They said Tesla was mad, too.

4 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Toms of Maine uses "natural" flavorings, so they are a lot less "intense" than the bigger brands.

But heck, lets just use nanomachines in the mouth to clean up that stuff...and fix cavities and cracked teeth and the like as well.

Mark said...

Boy, do I wish we could. I would first, though, have the remove all the excess calories, unwanted fat, and arterial blockages in my body. So many uses, but no nanos, not for us.

Michelle said...

We buy our dog bacon flavored dental bones that she chews to keep her teeth clean....You might be onto something. Me? I want Dove Dark Chocolate toothpaste. However, the visual of brushing your teeth with brown paste is rather disgusting.

Mark said...

I agree about the visual, and I've also considered that maybe dog meds are the right choice for me.

Labels

Blog Archive