Monday, September 29, 2008

The way it is

I felt like ranting tonight. My MacBook Air was sitting there, all innocent-like and whispering, "Why don't you do something with me now?" (Your computers don't talk to you? You should learn to listen better.) I'd never used iMovie. I didn't have a YouTube account, and everyone should have one of those.

Put it all together, and you get this:



the first--and possibly the last--installment of The way it is. (My close friends and co-workers have already heard versions of this particular rant; sorry, guys.)
By the way, yes, I am the old guy in the video, the one with a neck thicker than some folks' thighs. I'm sitting in the U of Power in my home office. Don't let those empty shelves behind me fool you; there's a plan for them, and the books they will hold already tower in vast stacks around the office.

Will I rant again? Hell if I know. I suppose I will if folks like this one and I feel like doing it, and I won't if, well, I don't feel like it.

I'm heading out tomorrow for another work week on the road, so I must get to writing, packing, and all of that good stuff.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Andy Rooney now has competition. You should definitely do more of these. Very entertaining.

Mark said...

I know he doesn't, but thanks for the kind words.

Lisa Shearin said...

LOL. Loved it! And it inspired me. Yesterday, I recorded myself reading from my first book to post on my blog for my fans who couldn't get to a booksigning/reading. But when I saw your YouTube rant this morning, I remembered that that I have webcam in my new Dell, so why the hell not? ; ) I just signed up for a YouTube account.

Mark said...

Very cool. I look forward to seeing the video via your blog.

Anonymous said...

hi mark - i've been reading your blog since before ya'll went to the beach and have really, really, really enjoyed it. i loved this video - thanks for the inspirations you give me.
dinah

Mark said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Dinah.

Labels

Blog Archive