Thursday, October 2, 2008

On the road again: Austin, day 3 - WARNING: Adult content

I'm going to keep this short, because I've been up and working for about 20 hours, and I still have more work to do. We had meetings at multiple locations today, so we spent all day either sitting down with clients or moving between locations. I didn't get to start my normal job and my writing until after 11:00 p.m.; what a day.

Today's most noteworthy event occurred at dinner and is the reason for the warning on this entry. During a break in the meal at a sold-out and very crowded place I won't name so no one can try to sue me later, I went to the restroom. As I walked in, the door to the handicap stall swung open. A nicely built blond woman in a short, tight dress walked out. She had tile prints on her knees and was wiping her mouth with her fingers. A very tall, thin, good-looking man followed close behind her.

She smiled at me and walked by.

He said, "Sorry about that, dude," but he was smirking (I get that) and clearly didn't mean it.

They left.

Neither looked at all embarrassed.

Now, I'm all for being adventuresome, but I wouldn't have proposed making this particular expedition during the busiest time of the evening.

Something else I'd never seen before.

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Sure "she" was a she?

Mark said...

I suppose one can never be completely without access to way more information than I had, but in every way I could ascertain, yes. In fact, she hung out at the restaurant's bar for some time afterward and was still there when I left, and after multiple sneaked glances, we all felt she was a biological female.

Labels

Blog Archive