Sunday, August 3, 2008

An odd thing I did

Nathan Lilly, who runs the SpaceWesterns.com site, interviewed me about fourteen months ago at Balticon 41. He ran the podcast later, and I appreciated the press--and I hope listeners enjoyed the conversation. Nathan and I hadn't crossed paths since then.

In the middle of June, he emailed me and asked if I would act as one of the three judges for a space westerns' senryu contest on his site.

Those of you who know me and understand how completely and utterly insane my schedule is, how little I sleep, how far behind I am, and how stressed I am, will know that there is only one reasonable answer I could give.

I ignored all that and said, yes.

Why? Because it was just odd enough and interesting enough that I wanted to try it. Weird is appealing (within limits).

I won't give away any of the entries (nor do I know the winners), but you can read about them on Nathan's site on August 6, when he announces the winners. Check it out; you might enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone who'd like to know (and I heard there are some who might!) RPS has been going back and forth ceaselessly for the last few weeks. Starting a merciless train of sadness for my father, I won tonight and expect to win for the next many nights. 09!

Mark said...

Ah, my poor, delusional daughter. In for the RPS slaying of a lifetime, and she doesn't even know it. Perhaps it's best that way.

Labels

Blog Archive