Monday, August 4, 2008

Heading out

Tonight will be insane: writing, packing, paying bills, family time, work, and so on. The nights before trips are always crazy. Worse, tomorrow I have to get up at what for me is a sad hour--about seven o'clock--and head to the airport a bit before eight. When I have to awaken early, I never sleep well, probably for fear I'll miss my flights. The good news is that if all goes well, I'll be in Denver by late afternoon local time.

If you're going to the Worldcon, I should be easy to find. In addition to the panel's I'm doing, I've also been invited to the Rising Stars reception and will attend it, and I'll be in the audience or helping at the Baen slide show. And, I'll hit a bunch of the parties, go to the masquerade and the Hugos, and so on. Feel free to come up and say hi, have me sign a book, or whatever. (Okay, maybe not any whatever, but most reasonable whatevers one might do in a public place with strangers.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, i'm totally with you on not sleeping well when you have to get up for a flight! especially when i'm in a hotel - i can set my phone, the room alarm clock, and request a wakeup call - and my body still wakes up every 45 minutes, going "is it time to get up yet? how about now? what about this time?" *sigh*

i hope that the flight gods smile upon you! and that you enjoy the con...

-lisa

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind wishes. It's good to see that so many of us control freaks respond the same way to this situation.

Labels

Blog Archive