Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm considering doing some unusual things at the reading tomorrow

No good reason; I just am. I'm not talking Monty Python unusual--no funny walks or parrot sketches, though I'm not above the odd funny walk in a moment of inspiration--but perhaps something a bit out of the norm, at least for me.

And, of course, there's the possibility, which will turn into a probability and then a certainty if Sarah has her way, of going out for ice cream afterward.

Yes, I'm trying to entice you to come. It's a lot more fun to perform for a crowded room than an empty one.

Speaking of the reading/signing tomorrow, if you want a humorous but fairly on-target sense of what it's like for most writers, check out Parnell Hall's song, "Signing at Waldenbooks." Though it focuses on mystery writers, its basic truth applies to all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.

I have no comments about this post, but I realized that I've been reading this blog at least twice a week for the last two or three months without commenting, so I thought that it would be nice to delurk...

Greetings from Italy

Mark said...

Greetings to you, Anonymous!

I'm glad you're enjoying the blog and hope you keep reading. Take care.

Labels

Blog Archive