Friday, July 11, 2008

The reviews must be better than the product

Boing Boing made me aware of Balla powder. What made me howl with laughter, though, were a few of the user reviews on the Amazon page for the product. I have to hope this stuff is real, just so more people write reviews.

In completely unrelated news, the rains came this afternoon, and they took away part of my writing time, because the weather was just too perfect for napping. If I could just stay on vacation for a few months and learn to sleep through the night, I might get fully rested. (Despite the nap, I wrote most of a short chapter today; the work must continue.)

We watched a Henry Rollins spoken word performance on DVD tonight, and the experience strengthened my resolve to get back to--and more seriously into--spoken word. I'd done some at cons a long time ago, but not a lot. I've been collecting material for a long time, and soon I think I'll try out local open mic clubs. If any con organizers are looking for cheap entertainment, let me know; I'll be there.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive