Monday, July 14, 2008

One up, one down

So far today, we've watched two DVDs. You can tell the beach house life is a stressful one. I've also eaten lunch, walked, splashed in the pool, and written a small but good (I think) chunk of the book. I could get used to this, except for that business about needing to pay my bills.

Anyway, let me encourage you to save money and to spend money.

Save your money on Meet the Spartans. I frankly doubt anyone else is dumb enough to blow their hard-earned cash on this turd of a film, but if you're considering doing so, back away from the shelf. Aside from a fairly entertaining though deeply dumb first five minutes, this thing has nothing to commend it.

Spend your money on Delirious, an art-house movie that will both entertain and occasionally surprise you. You'll see most of it coming, but probably not all. It's also worth watching simply because it's not your typical film.

I was going to write about my inability to be satisfied, but I'll save that for another time; right now, we're going to watch a third movie, eat some ice cream, and quite possibly explode from stomach pressure.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive