Thursday, April 17, 2008

On the road again: Portland, day 3

Like most days on most business trips for me, today followed a familiar pattern: get up too early after having worked too late and slept too little, work, shower, go to meetings, work until dinner, dinner, work after dinner. Wow, my life sounds so glamorous.

Dinner, though, was quite lovely and tasty, courtesy of the fine folks at Genoa Restaurant. We had the place almost to ourselves; only one other table vied for our waiter's attention. We got the seven-course menu, which was basically what they were offering. Every course was at least very good, with the pork cheeks being particularly flavorful. The desserts were straightforward but yummy. I had the mango-mascarpone cheesecake, and it was the first light cheesecake I've really liked in quite some time. I definitely recommend this place.

On the book news front, I continue to chug ahead, though not as quickly as I'd like. Come to think of it, that's not news; it's SOP.

Back to the pattern and to work.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive