Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On the road again: Portland, day 1

I rose after 3.25 hours of sleep--not enough even for me--trimmed my Grizzly Adams beard, showered, and headed to the airport. The flights were close enough to on time to be tolerable, and sold out but at least not unbearable. So, the trip itself went about as well as modern air travel does.

Much work occupied the flight, the time after the flight, and pretty much the entire day except for dinner. For that meal, we decided to try someplace new, a sushi restaurant named Masu. We ate at the sushi bar and talked as time permitted with Lance and Jules the two sushi chefs. Both guys were quick, nice, fun to chat with, and, most importantly, made very tasty sushi. I definitely recommend the place if you're in Portland and get a jones for some raw fish.

Overthrowing Heaven proceeds apace. I find myself in the odd position of both really enjoying the story as it unfolds and being terrified, as I usually am, that there's entirely too much talking and not enough action. I'm not in the dread yet, but I can see its shadow up ahead. Perhaps this time I'll skip that neurotic phase entirely!

Or not. Maybe the not.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive