Thursday, April 10, 2008

A little Rick in your day

Kyle sent me a visual treat: a story on someone or some group Rick-rolling the Mets, as well as a video. If your day needs a dose of humor, check them out.

Speaking of doses, tomorrow I go for my annual visit with the allergist. It is a complete and utter waste of time and money, as best I can tell an excuse for the allergist to bill the insurance company. I drive 25 to 30 minutes to the office, wait typically for half an hour, a nurse takes my blood pressure and tells me to sit in a chair, I wait ten minutes, and then I spend three golden minutes with the doctor. He asks if all is well (it always is), peers up each nostril, and then leaves. Ring up about $130--and I can't bill them for my lost work time.

Why do I go? Extortion: if I don't, his office won't give me the allergy serum for the two shots I give myself every three weeks.

Now, I know some medical professional will point out to me the wisdom of him verifying that all is well, and I know that my allergy serum is a prescription drug, but, really, wouldn't I yell if the serum was causing problems, and is there really any market for allergy serum they created particularly for me?

Frustrating silliness. I will enjoy my book as I wait, but I'd enjoy the extra sleep even more.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive