Monday, April 7, 2008

Heading out in the morning

Yes, at the painful (to me) hour of 8:00 a.m., I must rise, shower, check to see what I forgot to pack, and head to the airport. The mission this time is to accompany Sarah on a college visit; I suspect this is far easier on me than it is on her. (It doesn't help her cause that we depart with me in possession of a two-day RPS streak, but, hey, what can I do?)

On the work front, I'm drowning in it, but so it goes. I will swim out of trouble the only way I know how: one stroke at a time.

I'm also again interviewing assistant candidates. I'd really, really, really like to find one who lasts oh, say, the rest of my life, but it's a tough challenge. One person asked how I would assess the skills of various folks, and that's a difficult question, because I don't know of good tests you can reasonably administer for intelligence, determination, work ethic, loyalty, confidentiality, and so on. It's all guesswork, albeit informed guesswork.

Overthrowing Heaven beckons, so to it I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive