Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snapshots from a day

A drive down 101 into the heart of Silicon Valley, traffic as heavy as rush hour at home--but it's just before noon and light for here.

Lunch with a client at an Armadillo Willy's. We're not in Austin, but this is pretty darn good 'que.

A drive back up 101 during rush hour--an ordeal that took over two hours and culminated with 101 being closed due to an accident. I love the weather here, and many amazing tech companies call this area home, but I'm happy to live where I do.

I have to give credit to our rental Kia, a brand I generally disdain, for handling well all driving to date. Its horn, though, cries out, "I have a tiny penis!" Think the sound you'd hear if you stomped on a rat's testicles.

Tokie's, a restaurant we frequented when I was coming to this area monthly, still makes tasty sushi. I have an irrational fondness for the place and recommend it.

East Coast or West, I end up working too late and sleeping too little. I sense a pattern.

And a book that calls to me to work on its outline!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive