Monday, December 31, 2007

Milestones

Yesterday's post was my 200th--not a big deal to anyone but me, yet to me an odd sort of milestone. Today is the last day of 2007--not a big deal on its own, just another day, but to many Americans a big milestone. Funny how that works.

I try to resist the lure of such made-up milestones; after all, today I got up, exercised, ate, worked, and so on, all as usual. It's just another day.

Of course, I fail most of the time. It's not just another day, not inside me and not inside most people. Thoughts of successes and failures, goals, and transition inevitably come to mind.

I'll spare you my own goals for 2008. Instead I'll simply say that I'm grateful to all who have supported my writing and enriched my life, and I hope the new year brings you much joy, love, and prosperity.

And later tonight, after our party, I'll work on Overthrowing Heaven, because New Year's Eve though it may be, it is just another writing day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured that since this post is higher than the last one, I'd make my comment here though it really belongs in "And the rain came":

GET EXCITED GUYS THERE'LL BE SNOW WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!
SRSLY THIS IS THE TRUTH.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mark said...

I wish it were true. I hate to see the weather crush your hopes.

Labels

Blog Archive