Friday, August 10, 2007

I always wanted to live in a library

Growing up, I loved books. I still do. I thought the coolest thing in the world would be to live in a library, where books you loved were all around you.

To a significant degree, I've realized that dream. I live in a large house full of books, and they're everywhere--on many, many bookcases, in stacks on tables, all over the place. I love the look of the books, the feel of many of them, and, of course, reading them. I buy too many, but I don't care; they're joyful objects.

There's just one problem: I forgot to include a librarian in my dream. The reason the books are everywhere is filing time--well, that, and bookcase room, but I'm always working on that.

Infrastructure will get you every time.

1 comment:

Karen Z said...

Yes, a pity...
Karen the Librarian

Labels

Blog Archive