Saturday, June 30, 2007

Writers are emotional babies

We really are. We lap up every drop of praise as if it's the best thing we've ever tasted, and we fall apart inside at the slightest bit of criticism. Some of us do a better job than others at hiding this behavior, but it's right there, under the surface, in every writer I've ever known.

I, of course, am an exception, a paragon of maturity, secure and unshakable in my self-confidence.

Oh, yeah. Definitely.

I warned you not to write.

I haven't previously warned you not to associate with writers, because that bit of advice should be self-evident, but I'm warning you now. After all, why would anyone want to put up with them?

If you choose to ignore either of these warnings, you do so at your own peril.

Don't blame me.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive