Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bad movie vs. bad time

A bad movie does not necessarily yield a bad time. Tonight, we went to see the new Fantastic Four film. It was definitely a bad movie: terrible acting, a wardrobe and make-up team that clearly hated Jessica Alba and was determined to make her look terrible, no real explanation for the resurrection of Doom, and on and on.

I still had a good time. Part of my fun came in watching a character, the Silver Surfer, whom I loved when I was a kid. Another part stemmed from my joy in comic books. And simply going to the movie theater is a treat. I love the experience of the lights dimming, trailers rolling, and so on.

Mind you, this movie wasn't bad enough to turn the corner to good; it took itself too seriously for that.

Still, I had a good time at a bad movie. Go figure.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive