Saturday, June 23, 2007

Oops

Oops, I forgot to post Thursday night. I was so exhausted, I did the work I had to do, then collapsed.

My O'Hare experience Thursday on United contributed to the exhaustion. First, they delayed my plane a bit. Okay, that happens. We board, and all seems well.

Not so fast: one of the plane's air conditioners isn't working. We sit for over an hour while they try to repair it.

No luck.

Away we go, off this plane, down to the other end of the terminal, and into an already overcrowded gate where we wait some more.

Finally, we board! The entire sold-out flight releases its breath, relaxes as the crew shuts the door, and then...

They announce we have to wait for catering.

We wait.

We finally take off. We're going to be only about an hour and fifty minutes late. Hurrah!

We land in Raleigh, taxi to the gate, grab our bags, fill the aisles, and...

wait. They can't get the jetbridge over to the plane.

Twenty minutes later, they tell us all to sit, which we do so a small vehicle can tow the plane out of our gate and into the one next to it.

I heart business travel.

Best line overhead on the plane, from a rather attractive woman with an extremely foul manner: "No, d**n it! He's doing it, and I'm going to do it! I've got forty-eight hours, and I'm going to get laid!"

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive