Saturday, June 2, 2007

BEA, day 2: Baen stuff

After some morning work in my room, I headed to BEA, where I grabbed a hot dog and prowled the floor. I love looking at books, so it was a pleasant time.

At 12:45, however, I had to set up for the one--yes, one--SF panel of the show. As you can see if you expand the picture, even the one SF panel had to focus on whether SF was getting into the mainstream.





I helped hand out Baen tote bags, each of which contained, among other things, an inflatable Baen rocket, like the one Toni is holding, and a copy of my book. I autographed many books for very nice people. Toni and David Weber were on the panel, and they represented Baen well.






Afterward, I was able to get Toni, sales liaison whiz, Corinda Crawford, and Senior Editor To Be (on Heinlein's centennial, 7/7/07), Jim Minz, to pose for this photo.



Later that afternoon, Baen hosted a party for booksellers in the Simon & Schuster suite. I met many nice people, quite a few of whom tried to persuade me to go to LibertyCon.

I was particularly glad to meet John Ringo, one of Baen's top authors and someone who was kind enough to blurb my book, and Miriam Sloan; they also agreed to pose for me. I enjoyed getting to know them a bit.


Dinner found the Baen group at Osteria Del Circo, where we enjoyed a lovely meal.

And now I must write--a familiar refrain.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive