Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Balticon, day 4: The Inn at Little Washington

Between sleep and morning work, I ended up not spending any time at the con. We had lunch with Kyle and hit the road. Late afternoon and evening was The Inn at Little Washington, which is every bit as amazing as all the reviews say and one of the nicest, most luxurious places I've ever stayed. We had dinner at the kitchen table in the restaurant and had the privilege of meeting Chef and Proprietor Patrick O'Connell, who was a gracious host as well as being, of course, a world-class chef. The meal was one of the best I've ever eaten, and I've eaten some very wonderful meals.

Chefs of this caliber create art. Just as there is always room for another great novel, painting, or piece of music, there is always room for another great meal.

I will, though, have to diet and exercise like a demon when my travels end.

Back to writing Slanted Jack. Jon's about to make some noise....

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive