Saturday, December 2, 2017

Two meals in the last full day in Las Vegas


Brunch was our traditional stop at Bouchon, Thomas Keller's wonderful bistro.  We enjoyed mostly breakfast foods, but we always split the pastry board.

Click an image to see a larger version.

Dinner took us to Jaleo, Jose Andre's Spanish restaurant in the Cosmopolitan, another traditional stop of ours.  No trip there would be complete without some Jamon Iberico de Bellota Fermin and some pan con tomate.


Wow, was this a delicious combination--and my most frequent snack in Barcelona whenever I can get it.

In between, we walked shops, people-watched, and had a little gelato. 

After dinner, we took in the La Reve show at the Wynn.  A magical, water-based show, it was a great conclusion to a fun trip. 

By the way, for those who noticed, I am posting this Sunday morning because I had to get up in the sixes and so crashed as soon as I could after I returned to the room and caught up on work.

Sunday goes to flying home!




2 comments:

Andy Finkel said...

Do you ever hit any of the classic LV steakhouses ? When I was working for Commodore, and got to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year (CES, Comdex, etc) I always made it a point to get a group to go to one of the old fashioned steakhouses; the food ranged from good to excellent (Chateau Vegas was a favorite; unfortunately its gone now)

Mark said...

Every now and then, but always for work. The steaks are always good but not great. I do want to try Jose Andres' Bazaar, which is his reinterpretation of the steak house, but I haven't made it yet.

Labels

Blog Archive