Sunday, November 26, 2017

Why I haven't told a story at The Monti's StorySlam in a long time


Enough folks have asked me about my absence from the local StorySlams by The Monti that I thought I'd answer the question here.  Though it would be more interesting to say I had given up in frustration at not winning, or that I was having some sort of feud with the organizers, the truth is simpler and more boring:  with one exception, I haven't been in town during an event in months and months. 

The next one, for example, is this Wednesday, when I'll be in Las Vegas.  My travel schedule this year has been particularly brutal, so I've missed almost all of the events.  The one exception I can recall was an event the day after I landed from Europe, and by the time I noticed it and decided to go, it was sold out. 

I do plan to go back at some point, because I enjoy telling stories in that format, but right now, I have no idea when I will.  I'm home most of December, but then the next two months are chock-a-block with trips. 

I'll try to remember to let folks know here the next time I manage to attend. 




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive