Friday, December 1, 2017

A fight that was a privilege to watch


Earlier tonight, I was fortunate enough to get to see live the fight card that was the finale of this season of The Ultimate Fighter.  The final bout was a match between Nicco Montano and Roxanne Modafferi.  At stake was not only the title of being this season's Ultimate Fighter, but also the right to be the first UFC women's flyweight champion. 

The fight was one I felt privileged to watch.  Montano and Modafferi went to war for five rounds in a match that showed skill and heart and determination.  If anyone still believes women can't be great mixed martial artists, they need to watch this fight. 

I was rooting for Roxy Modafferi, and though she lost, I still admire her.  I hope she gets another chance at the title.  I also very much like Montano, and she earned the belt fair and square.

The whole fight card was strong, but this championship bout was amazing. 




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive