Saturday, March 19, 2016

Balticon news


This year's Balticon is the 50th occurrence of that esteemed convention, a gathering that is as close to a home SF con as I have.  I've been going to it for almost as long as I've been attending SF conventions.  I was lucky enough to have my first novel, One Jump Ahead, win the Compton Crook Award for Best First SF, Fantasy, or Horror novel there, and for a few years I've been the MC for its Opening Ceremonies.

This year, as the con just announced, I have the honor of being Toastmaster for the con.  With George R.R. Martin as the Guest of Honor, my pal John Picacio as the Artist Guest of Honor, and a host of wonderful guests--including a great many of the past Guests of Honor--this Balticon promises to be a great con.

I'm pleased and honored to get to be its Toastmaster.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive