Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Another lazy day


I generally follow Anthony Bourdain's admonition to be a traveler, not a tourist, and I had planned to do so during this visit--and then I didn't.  Yet again, I've stayed within the confines of the resort for my entire time here, healing and taking it easy and, of course, attending many Cayman Cookout events.

Ultimately, I'm okay with that decision.  I've needed the time to heal, and though I am still not at a hundred percent--I still cough multiple times a day--I am dramatically better.

I'll get to it next year.

Being lazy here is easy.  Sleep late, eat lunch on the beach, swim in the ocean, splash in the pool, doze in chairs ocean-side and pool-side, and the day vanishes.  The night invades with its dark beauty

Click the image to see a larger version.

and then it's time for a late dinner and more reading and relaxing.

A pretty good life, at least for a while.  I leave tomorrow, and I know I could stand this same stream of lazy days for another week or four.

It's been great to be here, and I look forward to saying goodbye (for now) to the ocean tomorrow.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive