Friday, September 11, 2015

Fall movie release scheduling sucks


Summer usually rocks, with at least one major release a week and few collisions.  Fall is a different story, a hit-and-miss season of weekends that are sometimes barren and other times overloaded.

Nothing opening in the RTP area this weekend, for example, strongly tempts me.  Sure, I'll watch almost any film, but I'm not excited by any of today's new offerings.

Next weekend, on the other hand, brings three movies--Black Mass, Sicario, and Pawn Sacrifice--that I very much want to see, as well as one, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, that I will certainly view eventually.

I would greatly prefer it if the studios would do a better job of spreading around their big films.

Of course, the fall movie I most cannot wait to see does not open until November 6--but it just gained this new TV spot.

Enjoy.







No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive