Thursday, June 18, 2015

What's your favorite line from The Big Lebowski?


A group of us went to the Colony Theater last night to catch the latest in its Cool Classics series:  The Big Lebowski.  The film is so full of great lines and wonderful performances that I have trouble picking a particular favorite, but I'm in a sarcastic mood, so I ended up settling on the Dude's comment to the thug who drops his bowling ball:

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Tied for second for me are two quotes from Walter:
You want a toe?  I can get you a toe, believe me.  
and
Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax....
The Coen brothers were definitely at the top of their weirdness game when they wrote this one.



2 comments:

steveburnett said...

"You're not wrong" with the remainder unsaid is probably the line I quote most often from this one.

Mark said...

That is indeed a fine choice.

Labels

Blog Archive