Monday, February 23, 2015

On the road again: Portland, day 1


Well, that was special. 

I spent four hours in bed last night, but only one of them asleep.  I hate trying to sleep when I know I have to get up early.  At 6:30 a.m. I was up and showering, just in time to learn that weather was stopping most of the flights leaving from DFW.

At the RDU airport, I spent half an hour with a very nice American Airlines check-in person who worked hard to find a way for the two of us on this trip to get from RDU to PDX given that American had canceled our flight out of DFW.  Eventually, we headed on a now-delayed flight to DFW, spent a few hours there, and then flew to Las Vegas.  Of course, before we could leave DFW, we had to spend a couple of hours on the tarmac.  Joy.

In Las Vegas, I didn't have enough time to do anything fun, so we grabbed dinner at the airport and eventually got on an Alaska Airlines flight to PDX.

It's now about 1:00 a.m. PST, so I've been up and working--work filled every spare moment--for 21.5 hours.  Worse, I have to be up working again in less than six hours. 

A very special day indeed. 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive