Thursday, January 15, 2015

On the road again: Cayman Cookout, Grand Cayman, day 1


Life here is rough.

No, really, it's not at all rough.  It's the opposite of rough.  It's as easy as life can be.

After a ton of sleep, I finally meandered ocean-ward for a lunch on the beach.  (The moment you sit, someone wanders by to see if you want anything.)  After lunch, I played in the ocean, sat at a floating table, and enjoyed looking at the water from the comfort of the many seaside chairs the hotel maintains.

After a while, I moved to the pool.  Here I am, doing my best to remove my normal "I will kill you" expression.

Click an image to see a larger version.

You decide how much I succeeded. 

The ocean was slightly chilly and a great treat in the hot sun.  The pool water was warmer and perfect in the late afternoon.


Yes, for those who've wondered, I am occasionally capable of relaxing.

I never tire of the sunset over the water.


The image isn't as pink as the sky seemed, at least to my eyes.  Lovely.

The Cayman Cookout kicked off tonight with the annual wine auction dinner.  As a non-drinker, I find the wine auction part of the evening unappealing, but the six different savory food stations--all yummy--and the two dessert stations were interesting.  A small band entertained the crowd, and to my great pleasure, all three musicians were pretty good.  This shot, which I took from a corner of the room, gives you a sense of the size of the place, though not the number of people in attendance.


Tomorrow, the cooking sessions begin.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive