Wednesday, January 14, 2015

On the road again: Cayman Cookout, Grand Cayman, day 0


I always like to arrive a day early for events, because should something go wrong with travel, I have room to deal with the problem(s) and still make the event.  Today's journey began with a 4:15 a.m. wake-up and a trip to the airport soon thereafter.  Both of my flights were delayed for various reasons, but in the early afternoon I finally arrived at Grand Cayman.

Wow, is it beautiful here!  It is lovely every year, but it's one of those places that manages to surpass my memory of it each time I visit it. 

The early afternoon view from my room's balcony is as lovely as ever.

Click an image to see a larger version.  

I slept less than two hours last night, so I devoted most of my afternoon to a bit of wandering and check-in stuff on the way to the room and then a nap with the ocean breeze blowing into the room and the ceiling fan cooling me.

Later in the day, the view changed as the sun slowly set, but everything remained lovely.  As it does here.


The sky's colors continued to evolve as the sun surrendered its last light.


Dinner was at Blue by Eric Ripert.  The meal was so remarkable that I'm going to give it an entry of its own later. 

After dinner, and after the quarter-mile walk back to the room, I sat on the balcony and listened to the ocean.  The view had changed again, but again it remained beautiful.


The waves roll in and soothe the world with their sound.  A lovely treat indeed.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly beautiful.

Rosanne said...

what a treat that you are there again. I can't wait to hear about the meals!
And what an awesome view!

Mark said...

It is a treat indeed!

Labels

Blog Archive