Sunday, November 9, 2014

On the road again: World Fantasy Con, Washington, D.C., day 4


Today the convention held its annual banquet and announcement of the winners of this year's World Fantasy Awards.  I enjoyed the ceremony, which is one of the more important yearly gatherings of the SF&F clan.  The food was even decent, which is both a bonus and a surprise at a banquet.

I worked for a time, chatted with some friends, worked some more, and then a small group of us headed off to see Interstellar.  I'll write a full review of it later--I now owe you two long entries--but the bottom line is that I very much enjoyed it.

I have to get up at six a.m., so I'm heading offline now. 

When I next write, I'll be in Portland, OR!


2 comments:

Rosanne said...

thanks for the note on Interstellar. You get to travel to some wonderful places!

Mark said...

I am very fortunate indeed.

Labels

Blog Archive