Monday, November 10, 2014

On the road again: World Fantasy Con, Washington, D.C., day 5 /
Portland, day 1


The bandwidth in the DCA Admirals Club at 6:50 in the morning was quite a treat.  By 8:00, though, it was merely tolerable.  I accomplished a lot in the 70 good minutes.

Flights took me from DCA to DFW and then to PDX.  No complaints from me, because I was lucky to receive upgrades on both flights. 

Work filled most of the latter part of the day, but I did walk around for a bit in downtown Portland, which was a nice break. 

Dinner was at Murata, where I consumed some of the best sushi I've tasted anywhere and definitely the best sushi I've had in Portland.  I very much recommend this place to sushi lovers. 

Dessert was at Salt & Straw, where I sampled two of the odder-sounding seasonal flavors:  spiced chevre pumpkin pie, and salted caramel Thanksgiving turkey.  Both were delicious. 

Now, to crash after a very long day indeed. 



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive