Sunday, March 16, 2014

On the road again: TEDActive, Whistler, day 0


For my health, the ideal course for today was crystal clear before I fell into bed late last night:  Sleep until six or seven p.m., shower, relocate to my recliner for dinner and a movie or a few TV episodes, and then head back to bed for another dozen hours of sleep.

Instead, I slept less than seven hours, packed, showered, ate a late lunch, and headed off to Whistler, where I am now.

I'm writing this at about 5:30 a.m. EDT, so the travel day has been long and not at all fun.  Spending more than seven hours on planes while suffering from cold and sinus problems is no way to have a good time.  Driving another two hours and climbing over 2,000 feet in altitude does not help, either.

Still, I am here safely, and that is a very good thing.  Even better is that I'm getting to attend a conference I have always found thought-provoking and exciting. 

I hope to log at least eight hours of rack time before the conference begins tomorrow afternoon.  With luck, I'll awaken feeling entirely over this cold--or at least a little bit better. 

Wish me that luck!


2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Hope you feel much better and that you have a great experience at the conference.

Mark said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

Labels

Blog Archive