Friday, October 18, 2013

On the road again: CONtraflow, New Orleans, day 1


Most of the daylight hours today went to work, with a stop for a convention panel and then, as the light was waning, the Meet the Guests event, at which I performed my first Toastmaster duties.  I introduced the guests of honor, had the other guests present introduce themselves, and talked a bit to the attendees.

I grabbed lunch at a Sonic that's just a couple of blocks down the street.  Heading up to it, I saw this sign, whose message stunned me.

Click on the image to see a larger version.

I'm sorry, but when the best thing you can think to advertise about your bar is that it offers a "loser friendly atmosphere", it's time to consider another line of work.

Dinner tonight was at a nearby Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Sunrise. The usual online sources gave it pretty good reviews, so even though it sits in a strip mall, I wanted to give it a try. 

I'm glad I did. 

The pho was delicious--and incredibly filling.  I'd definitely eat there again.

I spent some of the rest of the evening working and the rest at the con's cocktail party in the con suite, where I talked to various folks and hung out with a few friends.

Tomorrow morning, a panel!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive