Friday, July 12, 2013

No walk...but cake!


Rain consumed most of the daylight hours today, and it was glorious.  I love the sound of rain falling, the look of it hitting the ground and buildings and cars, the smell of it filling the air.  Rain smells to me like hope and happiness, probably from childhood summers in which frequently the only times I didn't have to work were those when it was raining. 

The showers fell hard enough that we chose not to walk today, so I did not log my usual couple of miles of light exercise. 

Rain or shine, however, this beach house has cake--though far less now than yesterday.

I'd show you a picture of the ChBobcake, but its last small piece vanished sometime early today.

The CaBobcake also gave up the ghost today.  All that remained before the nightly trash run was the empty base on which it came.

Click on an image to see a larger version.

The Bobcake is the last survivor of Bob's baking, as it always is.  We have passed the halfway mark, but tomorrow our numbers shrink a bit, so I expect the consumption rate to slow. 


It is a mighty beast, the Bobcake.  We who remain salute it.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive