Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Come see me at Balticon this weekend


Balticon is as close to a "home" convention as I have.  I've been attending it since 1979 and have missed very few years.  My first novel, One Jump Ahead, won the Compton Crook Award for Best First SF or Fantasy novel at Balticon in 2008.  I've debuted three comedy shows there.  I have history with this con. 

This coming weekend, I'll be back again.  I'll be busy--more on my events tomorrow--but if you're in the area, please come by the con, look me up, and say hello. 

If you need more encouragement, just check out the guests on its home page, a list that includes Guest of Honor Joe Haldeman, Artist Guest of Honor Rick Sternback, and Special Guest Nnedi Okorafor.  Or come for all the other good writers and artists who will attend.  Or the dances and filking.  Or the film festival.  Or the masquerade.  Or the art show, which will include many new and wonderful creations from Jain Faries.  Or the dealers' room.  The reasons to attend are many and varied. 

I've always had a good time at Balticon, and I expect you will, too.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive