Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the road again: Seattle, day 3 / Portland, day 1


Today was a very long day indeed.  It began early with work email and then client meetings in the Seattle area.  All the meetings were interesting and fun, but when they finished, the second work day began.  We drove south to Portland in heavy traffic and moderate rain, a tiring drive that left me wanting to sleep. 

Instead, after checking into one of my favorite hotels, I worked and then grabbed dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Little Bird.  Co-owner Andy Fortgang greeted me by name on sight--I had no reservation--and in no time I was enjoying a great selection of cheeses and charcuterie.  If you live in Portland or visit here, you need to eat at Little Bird (and at its sister restaurant and one of my all-time favorites, Le Pigeon; I'll be there Thursday night).  Something about simply sitting in Little Bird makes me happy. 

After dinner, I worked for several hours.  Now, though, I get to crash, which is a treat indeed. 

I have to say that though I like Seattle, I love Portland.  I don't ever intend to move away from Raleigh, but if I were to consider it, Portland would top my list.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive