Thursday, April 5, 2012

On the road again: Austin, day 4

Today the weather in Dallas messed up my return. I woke early to find a voicemail message from American Airlines informing me that tomorrow, Friday, I would indeed be flying to DFW as planned, but I would not get to continue to Raleigh until Sunday. This fine plan would strand me for two days in a city wracked by tornados, a city with no hotel rooms.

I think not.

Much work by Gina later and thanks to Rana for noticing a flight option, I am now headed home tomorrow on Southwest via Nashville. I have to get up at oh-dark-thirty, and I will probably have a crappy seat, but at least I should get home.

After many meetings, dinner was at the reliably tasty Lambert's Downtown Barbecue. Lambert's doesn't cook only over wood, but the meat is still very good, and everything else on the menu is quite good. Dessert was, of course, at Amy's.

In not many hours, I must get up and start a long day of travel, so to packing and writing I return.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive