Monday, April 2, 2012

On the road again: Austin, day 1

As travel days go, today was pretty darn good.

I awoke after too little sleep, as usual, but at least I had a few complete sleep cycles. A little email, a shower, and off to the airport I went.

Luck was with me there: upgrades came through on both legs of the trip. The first flight, the long one, even offered bandwidth, so I was able to stay current on work email while in the air.

My connection time in DFW was scheduled to be a scant 40 minutes, but the plane arrived almost 45 minutes early, so I ended up with enough time to grab a Red Mango parfait.

After the usual logistics in Austin, I dove into work and caught up, always a good feeling.

Dinner was at one of my favorite barbecue joints, the County Line by the Lake. We arrived as daylight was fading, so the view over the lake was lovely.

As always, click on an image to see a larger version of it.

The food was, as always, wonderful. On the right of this plate is a stack of a beef rib, some sausage, and some brisket. Damn fine eating.


Dessert afterward was at Amy's Ice Creams, which is a tasty treat indeed.

Tomorrow's meetings start quite early, so back to work and then to bed I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive