Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jerk of the week?

To whom would you award this honor? Would it be

(A) Kirk Cameron, not for bashing homosexuality ("I think that it's unnatural, I think that it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."), which he did last week, but for his outrage this week at the fact that people called him on what he said:

"I should be able to express moral views on social issues, especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years — without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach 'tolerance' that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I'm in the public square."
(B) Rick Santorum on why a British government program to make higher-income people pay more taxes won't work:
"It failed. They didn't get a lot of revenue. What happened? Well higher income people don't have to pay taxes if they don't want to, because they can move their money somewhere else, they can move their investments. They can stop investing. They can stop working. They don't need to work. They're higher income people."
or

(C) Rush Limbaugh, not for the incredibly offensive and stupid slut insult, which would have been a strong contender last week, but for this amazingly delusional part of his vague and insincere apology for the slut comment:
"I acted too much like the leftists who despise me. I descended to their level, using names and exaggerations. It's what we've come to expect from them, but it's way beneath me."

I found it hard to pick a winner, but in the end I selected Limbaugh. Cameron's being pouty and stupid, and Santorum is being just plain stupid, but Limbaugh, ah, he's managing to wring a slimy attack from the residue of another slimy attack. That level of jerkitude deserves special recognition.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

They are all three ignorant assholes. Kirk is delusional, Rick is scary and Rush is a stupid, arrogant man who thinks he is in charge of an army dumb.

Labels

Blog Archive